We have been away for a bit but we are back now. You know if you have visited this blog before that I have a passion for healthy curly hair (Afro hair is curly hair). As a hair-stylist I am privileged to work with lots of different types of hair textures and different ages of clients. This is a serious responsibility because hair is very integral to how individuals feel about themselves. Sadly, I encounter a lot of avoidable hair damage and as I listened to client stories and remembered my own negative hair experiences I decided I simply needed more answers to the following:
- Why do so many Curly haired women dislike their hair?
- Why do we have such little understanding of our hair?
- Why do we expect our hair to behave like straight hair?
- Why are we happy to keep paying for hair damage?
- Why, Why, Why is there so much negative language used towards curly hair?
A lot of these idiosyncrasies have to do with issues way older than Our Mothers generation. However, we can and we are able to correct what we feel and what we do about our hair especially with the next generation. There has been a positive change towards curly hair in the last few years, but more needs to be done.The best way Afrotility can make a difference is to offer our clients the following:
- Hair Love, Acceptance and Enjoyment
- Understanding of their particular hair
- Knowledge of what to require from anyone they allow to style their hair
- How to properly care for their hair in a fuss-free, cost-effective manner.
In order to do this well, a study of Trichology was in order, to better understand Hair, scalp disorders , hair loss causes and solutions, and alopecia. Along with the training received from world of braiding and extensions, my team and I are able create a personalised service that helps, curly-haired individuals or their Grown-ups to love their hair and enjoy it too. Check out our new online home at http://www.afrotility.com and drop us your comments below. We would love to hear your thoughts. Till next time……. Happy Hair Loving!